Here is a bunch of work we did while we had some down time and not so good outside weather that hindered us in working on the land. We started pulling back the carpet and finding out why the floors were soggy and why the carpet would just give way when we stepped onto different areas of the floor. The solution? Pull out all the Carpet, the padding which was attached to the carpet, and then the linoleum flooring that was another layer under the carpet. The dark spots on the floor were places where the wood had disintegrated. We literally could put our hand right through it and grab all of the wood particles and throw then into the trash. As the wood became more “hardened” towards the good section we simply found the joists and cut the wood out with a circular saw on the 1/2 way mark over the joist. Our sliding glass door area had the worst damage, and the right corner looking out…. there was literally NO wood left under the base plate. It all simply disintegrated. We we got 1×2’s and hammered them under the base plate before taking 3/4 plywood and placing them over the joist or scabbing in a 2×4 cut down to a 1 1/2 x 3 joist to give more support near the sliding glass door. Also you’ll see vertical braces I created to stiffen the floor there as right below the right slider section there are metal stairs that fold down, and the main bolts were on the base place that was destroyed, so by stiffening the whole area, it made going up and down the stairs not scary any more.